Today I’m back with a brand new vaporizer review and this time I’m checking out the Ascent Vaporizer that’s made by the guys over at DaVinci.
This device is definitely one of the more popular portable vaporizers that’s on the market and they have been getting quite a lot of positive feedback from their customers so I thought that it was only fitting that I try it for myself so that I could do a review and let you know if this thing is really is good as they say it is!
What You Get With The Ascent…
The DaVinci Ascent vape comes in a really nice looking box and inside you get the following:
- The DaVinci Ascent Vaporizer Itself.
- A Set Of Instructions.
- Some Stickers.
- Some Spare Parts.
- A Carry Bag.
So the first thing that I noticed when I unboxed my Ascent for the first time was that this thing is actually really nice to look at and to hold and it has a real ‘style’ about it.
The colors are funky, the rounded corners are slick and the shape of the device means that it fits super comfortably into your hands.
The device itself is available in a few different colors and personally I ‘opted’ for the wood look which I really like:
And overall on first impressions the Ascent did very well. It feels high quality, well built and super stylish.
In terms of size I would say that the DaVinci Ascent is a mid-sized portable vape. It’s quite a bit bigger than something like the Magic Flight Launch Box or the Pax but it’s still a hell of a lot smaller than something like the Vapir NO2.
What I Like About The Ascent…
I’ve been using the Ascent non stop for about a week now and I have found that there really is a lot to like about the device including:
- The taste is DELICIOUS! The vape that you get from the Ascent is super delicious and very, very clean and smooth thanks to to the ‘all glass’ tubing that takes your vapor straight from the herb chamber into your mouth!
- It’s dead simple to use. It’s ridiculously easy to use and I feel like even someone that’s completely new to vaping could pick this up extremely quickly.
- It vapes super fast. Unlike many other vaporizers this device can heat up and vape your herb in less than a minute.
- It has a BIG herb chamber. I love being able to fill up my vapes with LOTS of herb and you can definitely do that with the Ascent.
The BEST Thing About The DaVinci Ascent Vaporizer…
In my opinion though the best thing about the Ascent is it’s EXTREMELY long battery life.
Whilst many portable vaporizers tend to have quite a short battery life the DaVinci Ascent really stands out in this department boasting a battery life of up to two whole hours.
To give you some comparison that’s TWICE as long as the Pax will last!
And although ‘two hours’ might not sound like a lot you have to remember that’s two hours of continuous vaping time so as long as you turn your vape off whenever you aren’t using it it should last you a VERY long time!
And because of it’s massive battery life the DaVinci Ascent Vaporizer has really become my ‘go to’ portable vape that I like to take with me if I know I wont be near a power source to recharge for a while.
Although I do really like the Ascent there were a few minor downsides that I found whilst using it:
- The DaVinci Ascent is larger than some of the other portable vapes that are on the market. Now don’t get me wrong this is still EXTREMELY portable and would fit into your pocket or glove box just fine but if you compare it to the Pax for example it’s about twice the size and if you compare it to the Magic Flight Launch Box it’s about four times as large.
- The inhalation glass tubes are a tad fragile. I broke one of my glass tubes pretty quickly by accident by simply pushing it a ‘little too hard’ into the vape so be careful. This isn’t such a big deal though since the kit does come with a spare and more replacements can be bought online for pretty little cost.
- The device doesn’t have a flat bottom so it can’t sit up right by itself. This means that instead of being able to simply rest the vape on a table or solid surface while you fill up the herb chamber you will need to hold it and pack it at the same time.
- The battery signal isn’t terribly accurate. Sometimes I’ve noticed that when I turn my device on it will tell me that I have a full battery and then a few minutes later it will tell me that it’s half full and basically… the battery signal isn’t all that accurate.
Should You Buy A DaVinci Ascent?
If you are looking for a portable vaporizer that’s high quality, that tastes awesome and that has a CRAZY long battery life… then the DaVinci Ascent portable vaporizer is EXACTLY what you are looking for.
And for all these reasons I’m giving the Ascent vape rating of 8/10!